So I have been working on an unoffical API for the past two months or so with a soft announcement back in April (literally the footnote)
I was originally hosting it in a fairly convoluted setup that included Dropbox and a lot of bad scripting, a setup that often failed and required me to use an old noisy computer to run it 24/7.
So I have been using this as a personal learning experience, delving into Node.js, SQL, Batch, PHP and a sprinkle of git for good practice.
This eventually lead to me using this web-host as it uses a pay-as-you-go method. After signing up I began using the space as a testing ground to offload some of the work and figure out hosting a site, which in turn lead to me pulling the trigger on getting a proper domain and going all out.
Now to the part you are here for, the API.
Some details first:
- Available in both CSV and JSON.
- Every item is updated on the hour.
- Select items (below, 50 max) are updated every 5 min
- Source code is private, one of these running is enough, if multiple folks did it there is a good chance it would be cut off entirely.
- The only exception is if you can verify you are an NCSOFT dev.
[table id=1 /]
- Google sheets
- Create new tab.
- Put “=importdata(“link to csv”) in Cell A1.
- New Query.
- From Other Sources.
- From Web.
- Add crafting recipes (and in future update them to new upcoming recipes)
- Tidy up duplicates.
- Auto add new items.
- History (long finger, need to figure out how to properly do this)
Ill be doing a follow up post shortly on how to use the data when it is in the spreadsheets. (done)